Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy 30th Vito

    It's so hard to believe that if my son had lived he would be thirty years old today.  There would be no denying that he was a grown man, most likely with a career and possibly with a wife and children.  Over the years I've found that imagining such scenarios is folly and it brings little satisfaction but I do it anyway.  He brought great joy to my life and I miss him deeply.

      To celebrate Scott and I will eat pineapple upside down cake (Vito's favorite) and reminesce over the photos that have been dug out.  It's so amazing how much he sprouted from May '96 to Aug. '97.  He loved life and wanted to grow up fast so he could do everything that grownups do.  He loved having fun and didn't tolerate the "shoulds" and duties of life very well.  He wanted to live his life his way.  Considering how short it was I hope he was able to do that enough.  Love you Hon.


May '96 Scott and Vito (age 12), Alex Bay

Aug. '97 Scott and Vito (age 13) at the Renaissance Faire


Aug. 16, 1997 Vito and my sister Laura at our wedding leaving the church

Vito enduring the wedding photo shoot, so handsome.
Aug. 16, 1997 Vito and my sister Laura entering our wedding reception hall all smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment